You may be able to cancel a money transfer if it has not been picked up or deposited.
To cancel westernunion.com or mobile app-initiated money transfers:
1. Log in to your Western Union profile through westernunion.com or our mobile app.
2. Once you log in, we’ll show you your Recent money transfer activity. Select a transfer you want to cancel and then choose Show details.
3. If your money transfer is eligible for online cancelation, you’ll see a Cancel transfer link.
4. Open the link and follow the instructions to cancel your money transfer.*
5. In case you do not see the Cancel transfer link and your transfer hasn’t been picked up or deposited, please contact Customer Care to assist you with the cancelation procedure.
To cancel in person-initiated money transfers:
- Please visit the same agent location where you made your transfer or any branch of the same agent.
- Remember to bring your government-issued ID to the agent location.
- You can also contact Customer Care to cancel your transfer.
To cancel telephone money transfer – US to US money transfers:
Please contact Customer Care to assist you with the cancelation procedure.
* The amount of money refunded (principal and/or fees) depends on the service chosen and the reason for cancelation. If you have questions regarding the amount to be refunded, please contact Customer Care. Refunds are provided in the original form of payment. It may take up to 7 business days for the financial institution to credit the money to the sender.